Friday 9 March 2018

Happy 4th Anniversary Wind of Revival Church

Anniversary time is when we celebrate and reflect on what we have managed to achieve by God’s grace. I like the song which says, “What shall I say to you my Lord, all I have is to say is thank you Lord”.


Though we are not where we want to be, we thank God that we are not where we used to be. Help me celebrate by reading this article.


7 Connections Needed by a Pastor

1. Connection with God. A pastor’s first call of ministry is to God himself. A pastor is first a child of God before he is a man of God.

2. Connection with your spouse and kids. Nothing is more encouraging than hearing your wife saying Amen to your preaching because my wife is my pastor. After the service is over and everyone has gone home, it is my wife and children that will remain with me. My greatest investment is to my family, without them there is no church!
Apostles A an N Chibanda preaching

3. Connection with spiritual parents. These direct and guide us in wisdom along paths they have walked. Apostles Pride and Anna Sibiya my parents have rebuked me when I was wrong, encouraged me when I was weak, humbled my when I was proud and have been with me when I felt alone and forsaken. Their love has kept me going.

4. Connection with the church itself.
The church is important because they are the vision and they carry it forward. God has blessed me with amazing sons and daughters who are supportive and hardworking in our mission to bring the message of revival to the world.

5. Connection with fellow ministers. These encourage us to move forward with the vision. No pastor can make it alone. David’s connection to Jonathan is what made him strong. When the Apostle Paul was stoned for preaching the gospel, he was miraculously healed only when his fellow ministers came and stood by him (Acts 14:19-21).
6. Connection with the world. Because we are on earth and not in heaven we need to be connected to real people. Whilst angels are good and powerful, they cannot serve us in the supermarkets where we buy our groceries neither can they bake the bread that we eat.

7. Connection with family. The pastor should never reject his family (parents, in laws, siblings etc) because they have different religions etc. Your father remains your father even if he does not know even a single verse in the Bible.



Authored by Apostle Adolphas Chibanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *